The Building Biology Course IBN provides an interdisciplinary educational opportunity for building professionals, architects, engineers, technicians, tradespeople, staff members of construction companies, building material manufacturers and suppliers, housing agencies, building management companies, as well as (environmental medicine) health care professionals, but also for students from e.g. technical colleges and homeowners.
This Building Biology Course is also open to newcomers in this field after consultation with the IBN. It will increase your competence in the field of healthy, sustainable, and holistic building practices as well as open up new career opportunities.
Career opportunities include:
- Consulting services for private, public, and commercial contractors or companies (e.g. construction companies, building material manufacturers, building trades)
- Building design, construction, and remediation with a focus on building biology, ecology, and energy efficiency
- Offering building trades with a focus on building biology aspects
- Distribution and/or manufacturing of building materials, building elements, building systems, installations
- Holistic consulting services for patients and cooperation with health care professionals
- Realtor for green housing with a focus on building biology aspects
- Outreach work (articles on subject matters, presentations, Internet, etc.)
- Offering seminars and workshops
We would like to point out that passing the final examination to earn the designation “Building Biology Consultant IBN” is not automatically associated with securing a job or establishing your own business. The Building Biology Course is primarily an educational opportunity to expand your knowledge, to provide a career foundation, and/or to enhance your current career.
In Germany, the IBN offers currently the following additional training programs. We are in communication with our Partner Institutes to offer these continuing education programs also in English in the near future:
- Building Biology Testing Specialist IBN
- Building Biology Energy Advisor IBN
- Building Biology Interior Decorator IBN
- Establishing a Building Biology Consulting Office IBN
Practicing Building Biology
To gain an objective view of the different career paths in building biology, have a look at the course module “Practicing Building Biology” via guest access. It illustrates how building biology can be integrated into your daily work, ensure job security, or help launch a new career. This course module is not representative of the other course modules, which primarily discusses subject matters related to all things building biology.