Building biology studies the holistic relationship between humans and their living and work environments.
- Shares a vision of a sustainable future where humanity can live in harmony with each other and the Earth, not just a seemingly ideal past;
- Uses nature as a guide to inspire living buildings, not just smart ones;
- Strives for creative innovation including aesthetic principles, not just green ones;
- Cares about the well-being of neighbors, communities, and the environment as a whole, not just individual occupants;
- Calls for a total approach to a healthy living environment, not just nontoxic building materials;
- Aspires to become the foundation of everyday building activities, not just a luxury for a few;
- Includes all relevant costs up front, not passing them on to future generations and the environment.